To raise the vibration of the whole planet by creating long term vitality for the people that I work with.
To support 1,000,000 people to actualize their full vitality - physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually - through educational materials, social media, public presentations, and individual & group coaching and support.
Shannon Staples is a highly sought after Vitality Coach. She is known for helping clients actualize their full vital potential and live a happier, healthier, more balanced life with healthy habits to last for the long term.
With over 20 years experience in supportive roles in personal development, leadership, and holistic wellness, Shannon offers rich experience and knowledge in:
- Professional Life Coaching (CPC, Academy of Coaching Cognition / ACC, International Coach Federation)
- Wellness & Health Coaching (CWHC, Real Balance Global Wellness Solutions)
- Energy Medicine (CECP, Wellness Unmasked)
- Nutrition (Shaw Academy)
- Health & Fitness (Shaw Academy)
- Counseling-Hypnotherapy (Wild Rose College)
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming (Erickson College)
- Environmental Studies (BA, Simon Fraser University)
She brings a passion for the synergy of body, mind, emotion and spirit to her practice, implementing the best of new and old, science and energy medicine, positive psychology and practical tools for lasting lifestyle change. She is driven to serve the greater good through her work as a Vitality Coach.
"You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand." ~Woodrow Wilson
A Personal Note
Hello! I'm a vitality coach, author, entrepreneur, wife and mom.
I started down this path of personal growth at the tender age of 15, with a very healthy dose of curiosity and an open mind. The road has been long and varied, taking in many different theories and practices for a happy, healthy life.
I became interested in psychology in my mid 20's after going through some personal challenges (mainly divorce - mine, my parents' and my brother's all in the same year) and went on to earn a certificate in counseling. While I gained a lot from seeing a counselor, I discovered that as a profession, I prefer supporting people by focusing on the future and collaborating with them to find solutions and possibilities for creating the life they desire, which led me to vitality coaching and holistic wellness.
I’ve always had a deep interest in how our minds work, and a natural capacity to understand people. My interest in our inner worlds stems from my own personal journey. I experienced many years of crippling self-doubt, a persistent inner critic, and an everpresent feeling of never being good enough.
Then just a few months after becoming a mother, which was life changing in itself, I experienced the devastating trauma of my Dad's suicide. He was a career firefighter who suffered with PTSD and clinical depression for many years. My processing of these two life-changing events--the fragility and brevity of life, love, happiness and health--were what inspired my desire to make a difference in people's lives through vitality coaching and energy work.
Over the years, I’ve healed and grown through therapy, coaching, self-study, and experiential education. Today, I'm grateful for my life and where it's led me. By my conservative calculation, so far I've got over 71,000 hours of practical, hands-on experience that I can draw upon to help you! I'm honoured to be able to support people through their holistic wellness journey; to live their highest potential and create a better world.
Fun facts about me:
- An accomplishment I'm very proud of is riding a tandem bicycle 7200km across Canada with a friend, fully self-supported, to teach kids about sustainability.
- My first car was a '77 Ford Maverick. It was a gas guzzling beast that was affectionately named "The Green Machine." My current car is a Ford Focus Electric - zero gas!
- I am a Myers-Briggs INFJ-A personality type. Meaning, I am generally practical, optimistic, and creative. I tend to be reserved until I get to know people, but once I do, I love delving into topics of deep meaning and feeling. I believe there's always room for improvement in myself and I strive to leave this world a better place than I found it.
- My top 5 qualities: caring, open-minded, love learning, practical.
- I always have 4 or 5 different books on the go at any given time. A mix of personal growth, professional development, business, and one really good novel to get lost in.
- Pet peeves: Impossibly hot coffee - because I can't wait to drink it!
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Dr. Howard Thurman